Saturday 8 January 2011

The Captain.

"Son of Henry, I'm the first in line
To the throne, smell my mustard gas
I slash swords through your wooden spine
Well it cut my heart and it blew my head
We made love at the side of the road
Reflex, you better know this flows fast
This river is particularly sinister
Close your eyes and take my hand"

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by frost."
- - - -J. R. R. Tolkien "Lord of the Rings"

"I wanna scream one last death medley
I am looking for a reason to secure a forward motion"

"The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say."
- - - -J.R.R. Tolkien

"Angels fall to the floor
Like they would if I was captain
"Silver children," She roared
"I'm not the son of God"
Somebody help me sing
Can anybody hear me?
Liars and lovers combine tonight
We're gonna make a scene"

"Rest not! Life is sweeping by; go and dare before you die.
Something mighty and sublime, leave behind to conquer time."
- - - -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Help me be captain of
Our crippled disguises
I won't show what's underneath
It's time for surprises
I can't climb up your ladder
I can't ride your horse
I've swallowed half an hourglass
So now the landscape is swollen up"

"And with tears of blood he cleansed the hand,
The hand that held the steel:
For only blood can wipe out blood,
And only tears can heal."
- - - -Oscar Wilde "The Ballad of Reading Gaol"

"I gave birth to a fire
It's like it's features where burning
I'm in control, I am the son of God
Somebody help me sing
Can anybody hear me?
Line up your soldiers one final time
We're gonna have a ball"

"But if you ever come to a road where danger
Or guilt or anguish or shame's to share.
Be good to the lad who loves you true,
And the soul that was born to die for you
And whistle and I'll be there"
- - - -A. E. Housman

"Face to face with the ball and chain
I'll poke my head up till its red
I tell my secrets and you took my pain
About a broken heart and I will do it again
Son of Henry, I'm the first in line
To the throne, smell my mustard gas
I slash swords through your wooden spine
Well it cut my heart and it blew my head"

"What matters Death, if Freedom be not dead?
No flags are fair, if Freedom's flag be furled.
Who fights for Freedom, goes with joyful tread
To meet the fires of Hell against him hurled."
- - - -Joyce Kilmer "The Peacemaker"

"Somebody help me sing oh
Somebody help me sing oh"
[The Captain - Biffy Clyro]

"Grow old along with me!
The best is yet to be.
The last of life, for which the first was made."
- - - -Robert Browning "'Rabbi Ben Ezra"

"Love that golden rule, that golden rule
Need that golden rule, that golden rule
Secrets are the truth, they are the truth
We need that silver rule, that silver rule"
[The Golden Rule - Biffy Clyro]

"And all shall be well
And all manner of things shall be well.
When the tongues of flame are in-folded
Into the crowned knot of fire,
And the fire and the rose are one."
- - - -T. S. Eliot "Four Quartets"

No comments:

Post a Comment